Monday, February 18, 2013

Barcelona: The Weekend of Winning

Hola amigos!

Sorry for being so behind on my posts, I know you are all dying to read about my adventures in Barcelona two weeks ago! (For those of you that are friends with my father, I know he has been playing up my travel blog so I greatly apologize for the delay!) Seeing as I will be heading to Prague this weekend, I thought I should get up-to-date before I fall behind again.

Our trip to Barcelona was nothing short of incredible! After hearing my host-brothers discuss their favorite team, Real Madrid, and the political implications of Cataluña, I wasn't sure what to expect; however, I was amazed! 

From the moment we got to Barcelona, my small group of friends and fellow BC students made a pact to take in all that Barca had to offer culturally before we gave in to the crazy nightlife we had heard so much about! 

Culturally this included ... 
  1. The Picasso Museum
  2. The Miro Museum
  3. La Sagrada Familia 
  4. Park Güell 
  5. And, of course, the beach! 
Here are a quick sampling of pictures of this stunning ciudad


We were told by our host-madre that we HAD to try the paella in Barca, and she was right, it was to die for!


This is the view from the top of the Miro Museo


Me and the perpetually under construction Sagrada Familia 

On our way to Park Güell, there was an incredible series of escalators that were just begging to be photographed!

Throughout Park Güell, there were engraved cactuses so we made sure that BC left its mark!



Just enjoying the Barcelona beaches

 

All in all, I think we did a fantastic job of squeezing the amazing city of Barcelona into a wonderful three day trip!

Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment